I’m with my sister again! Couldn’t think of a batter way to spend a weekend!
Sorry about the slight interlude between posts, I’ve actually been cracking on with work for a change. Working 9am to 5pm at least every day is not only a good way to get work done, but its pulling my body into a constant pattern for the first time in ages. Very refreshing.
I’ve also been holding off on the alcohol for the last two weeks, which has been a good relief :). Not sure how much longer it’ll last though…
The meeting last Friday with the course leader went well and hopefully things will be getting better in the future. If not for my year, at least the future years can benefit.
Other than that I guess I feel a lot more on top of things than I have for a long time. Just spending 10 minutes every day checking out what work needs to be done makes sure I don’t miss anything out.
A few things to share :)
1. Chin Faces! You’ll get the idea when you watch this video (starring Beth, James & me)
2. Pictures are up. This week Josh & I decided to cook each other meals. Tuesday Josh cooked enough mash to feed India, and on Thursday I cooked pork noodles :)
Now for a few videos that have kept me entertained recently:
3. Drunken Kitty, it’s epic:
4. A mash-up of the top 25 songs of 2009, I think it’s really cool:
5. An American advert promoting a Men’s shower gel, it’s so over the top it’s funny.
- Happiness. 8 out of 10
- Tiredness. 4 out of 5
- Workload. 8 out of 10
- Last Meal. Chilli Con Carne at Spurs with big sis and Squeeze!
- Song of the day. Timberland – Apologize
- Thought for the day. Now I promised two after not posting one last time, so here you go:
- What I’m Doing Now. Chillaxing with BIL (brother in law :P)
I want to go to sleep, but I also want to quickly run through what my life currently is:
- Lectures started on Monday and that meant the start of new topics. So far the first lecture of the term was cancelled (good start…not), but that’s been more than made up by the other lectures that have been really good (so far…)
- I also started my Digital Media Engineering Module! Yup, that is actually the course I’m doing. And from 3pm until 6pm on a Monday is when I get to do my course! It was a great first lecture, fascinating. I just wish I had more like it…
- Labs, now on a Tuesday, are as bad as ever. Today we weren’t given all the equipment we needed to complete the lab, and then the demonstrator put up with us all moaning for a good 30 minutes about how bad labs are organised and how bad the course is in general.
- After that particularly bad lab, we all decided to go and see our course leader to let him know how we feel. We now have a meeting on Friday afternoon to discuss it in detail, so looking forward to finally expressing some of my concerns.
- Then it was off to a MAD TV committee meeting, where a lot has been happening the last few days. It’s a really stressful few days as it is without MAD TV throwing a wobbly about what I saw as a non-issue, but nethertheless I feel the meeting allowed me a voice to get everything I had to say on the table.
- Next stop was a quiz night with the Christian Union (and a free curry!). I had a great time and it allowed me to finally relax after such a crazy day of urgh. Topped off by our team winning! (note: team name was 10 small loafs of bread, hence title)
- Trying to co-ordinate next weekend so I get to see my sister! Can’t wait!
- Getting organised to ‘Give Equestrian A Go’ today! Another society MAD TV is trying out as part of it’s new series! It’s really great since Lauren, my housemate from last year, is the President of the Equestrian society, so should be a brilliant afternoon!
- Good news, I have been invited for an interview at the SONY placement! I have two weeks to prepare, and I really, really, really, really, want this placement! So excited and nervous already. Need to make sure I find time to research and prepare… Thing is there is only one place and Josh has an interview there too……
These are only the things I am outwardly doing/thinking about/planning. There is also a lot going on in my head regarding a lot of things, such as Friday night and Monday evening in particular. Trying not to give these too much brain-time is difficult, but talking to my sister helps :)
love, Charles xx
- Happiness. 6 out of 10
- Tiredness. 4 out of 5
- Workload. 9.5 out of 10
- Last Meal. Free Curry (thanks Jesus :P)
- Song of the day. Radiohead – Street Spirit (Fade Out)
- Thought for the day.
- What I’m Doing Now. Hoping I finally get some free time tomorrow on my own to relax… but can’t see it happening… no rest for the wicked
The last week has tested me in more ways than one…
Firstly, I had my formative tests from my course. Who am I kidding, they went badly. I got 20% in the maths test, which was one of the better ones. I’m hoping that this is what I need to get my arse in gear with my course…
Secondly, MAD TV. How did you guess? I’m realising that keeping track of the camera and organising people is a full time job in itself without also having my own reports to edit.
Thirdly, my drinking habits finally caught up with me on Friday when I had the most drunken experience to date. It’s put me off that category of drinks for a while…
Fourthly, I see that I shouldn’t write in my blog when I’m stressed, angry, tired and worried :(
There were plenty of great things about the last week too, but I’ve only recalled these bits right now for some reason…
I’ll write a better post soon……
- Happiness. 3 out of 10
- Tiredness. 4.5 out of 5
- Workload. 10 out of 10
- Last Meal. Channies Burger :D
- Song of the day. Jay Sean – Down
- Thought for the day. I’m only trying not to be lonely…
- What I’m Doing Now. Trying to sleep!