Hi. I know I promised an accommodation post and an explanation of what I’ve been up to recently, but, as usual these days, I found my weekend being spent catching up with friends and getting odd jobs done (or at least started).
I can explain why I’ve been so busy recently with the aide of a bullet list:
- Monday 21st March: Off to Switzerland for another week of work.
^ We got a convertible :O
- Friday 25th March: Off to Amsterdam from Switzerland for a weekend with some mates
^ We went to all the intellectually challenging sights…
- Monday 28th March: Straight back to Switzerland from Amsterdam
^ Eating an Italian pizza while watching the sun set over the Swiss alps
- Friday 1st April: Back in Guildford
- Saturday 2nd April: Busy weekend catching up with laundry and seeing a few friends
- Monday 4th April: Switzerland
- Friday 8th April: In the office in Basingstoke for a day before going off to Birmingham for a boat trip with my new housemates!
^ Ginger on board
- Thursday 14th April: End of the boat trip, a night in Guildford
- Friday 15th April: Off to Weymouth to spend a weekend with Charlotte
- Monday 18th April: Switzerland
- Friday 22nd April: More laundry, and going to London
- Saturday 23rd April: Day with Sophie planning the inter-rail trip!
- Sunday 24th April: Easter Sunday at the Mitchells
- Monday 25th April: Back to Switzerland tomorrow…
And then there’s what’s coming up:
- Friday 29th April: Got the day off work for Charlotte’s birthday party in Guildford
- Sunday 1st May: Day in London with Sophie and Julie
- Tuesday 3rd May: Back to Switzerland, for 2 weeks this time
- Friday 13th May: In Basingstoke office for a day
- Saturday 14th May: Dad’s birthday in London
- Monday 16th May: Back in Switzerland until the weekend…
So my life’s a bit WOAH at the moment. Can’t wait to have enough time to tell you about some of the great things like housing next year and inter-railing!
But for now, keep it real and smell you later :) x
- Happiness. 9 out of 10
- Tiredness. 3 out of 5 (another early start for the flight tomorrow)
- Free Time. 1 out of 5
- Last Meal. Pasta courtesy of brother James
- Song of the day. Hellogoodbye – Baby, It’s Fact
- Thought for the day. Lots to do, and lots more to do after that…
- What I’m Doing Now. Should be sleeping. tut tut tut.
I haven’t forgotten about you! I’m working on the long-awaited Accommodation post in light of spending a week with my new housemates on the boat last week!
I’m still in Switzerland and having a great time… don’t worry about me! You’ll hear all about it before Christ has risen!
Speak to you ladles x
- Happiness. 9 out of 10 (lets turn the excitement down a tad)
- Tiredness. 2 out of 5 (but missed my alarm this morning… largely due to it being set to this evening :S)
- Free Time. 1 out of 5 (but this weekend is catch up time!)
- Last Meal. Steak and pasta – Got to love Switzerland :)
- Song of the day. Bruno Mars – The Lazy Song
- Thought for the day. The thing Ross dressed up as instead of Santa…
- What I’m Doing Now. Once again looking forward to the next few months :o)
I have a confession to make. I’ve been neglecting this blog like a distraught mother neglects her 2-year-old daughter on a motorway lay-by. And it’s not for a lack of things to say, on the contrary, I’m lacking a sufficient filter to weed out all the awesome stuff so that only the EPIC stuff on real tiger-blood remains!
So, my life is still a dream, and Switzerland, Guildford, London, friends, family and others are still keeping my days going. And in that regard there is nothing to report. I went to Amsterdam a week ago and confirmed that it is indeed a crazy place, full of amazing people and a mental attitude to party! The weekend was brilliant and encompassed everything from chasing a tram on a bike to boat trips and oriental food, pub crawls, museums and much, much more besides….
You may think this blog is loosing momentum, but to be honest there are only so many times you can say “reality is finally better than my dreams” I know it won’t last, and I know I’m a lucky bastard, but you only live once and if life gives you lemons and all you did was sit there and watch them rot, then you missed out on a fantastic pancake filling!
Next week is another boat trip, this time with my housemates for next year… I’m certain all the compulsory boat banter will ensue! After that the rest of April is set to fly by just as quickly as March with more Switzerland (currently booked up until the 20th May) and a birthday party or two.
Before you know it we’ll be at the end of May! Where is this year going?!
- Happiness. 11 out of 10 (I honestly can’t fault it)
- Tiredness. 1 out of 5 (I spent all of Sunday sleeping……)
- Free Time. 1 out of 5 (if it wasn’t for yesterday’s sleep this would be 0)
- Last Meal. Pizza! And long may it continue :P
- Song of the day. Hellogoodbye – Oh, It is love
- Another Song of the day. Eliza Doolittle – Skinny Genes
- Thought for the day. “I love my dreams, I wouldn’t change them for the world”
- What I’m Doing Now. Trying to calm down… this post has way to much enthusiasm for life to be healthy…