On Saturday I will be celebrating my 25th Birthday by eating curry and roller-skating. By way of gearing my self up for my next quarter of a century alive, I’ve taken a look back at 25 things I’ve done in the last 12 months that have been absolutely amazing. See, I’m not getting old…
1. What a better place to start than literally a year ago when I rented out the church narthex for a special birthday celebration.
2. I’ve already spoken about my year as Postgraduate Society president, and this really was when it dawned on me that we had achieved something many other people thought impossible… getting postgrads to PARTY! 150 of them!
3. In stark contrast, the next moment is spending a quiet evening in with Tiff and Roofay, eating our way through ALL THE DESSERT and being introduced to the wonderfully addictive show that is Catfish. I went on to watch all the episodes… and the movie.
4. Being chased down by zombies in central London… standard Saturday night.
5. Having an amazing day visiting the Columbia Road flower market the following day
6. Cocktails in Covent Garden. Not had a night out in London like this in a long time, and there need to be more!
7. Another Postgrad event, this time the brewery tour. Learnt so much, got to meet a great group of people, and learnt to love ale!
8. I don’t have a picture for the next one, but filling an entire row in the cinema to watch The Hobbit 2 with all my mates!
9. Going to Germany for actual German Christmas Markets after years of just going to winter wonderland in Hyde Park
10. New Years Party Time! By far the best one ever. Everyone just had a great laugh. This is what good parties should be like.
11. This was the year of the new tradition: Going to Bristol, meeting friends and drinking cider. This was a particularly notable time because I broke my phone dancing down the street to Cascada.
12. Going to Barcelona was just awesome! Never been to mainland Spain before and I absolutely loved it. The architecture, food and sangria are all to die for.
13. Another Postgrad event was the pub quiz! I wrote an impossibly difficult connections round where the answers to all the questions were linked. I hope I get to write more pub quiz rounds in the coming year.
14. A great day out in London visiting the aquarium and lots of laughs
15. Visiting Jake in Cardiff is always a highlight of the year!
16. Seeing Bastille at Alexandra Palace. Biggest gig I’ve ever been to. Great atmosphere with 10,000 people jumping around!
17. Getting the cousins together in Plymouth. First time there, love the waterfront. Have to go back.
18. Childhood dream of visiting Monaco! Just a few weeks before the grand prix too so all the barriers were coming out. Might have made a few car noises as I ran around the chicane. Maybe.
19. Winning three student awards for the Postgrad Society was just incredible and a huge result for the whole committee who worked so hard all year. No pressure this year guys!
20. Roller skating a whole marathon in six hours. So much fun. Same again next year!
21. I still want to write a blog post about the day Dad and I visited a disused underground station. Very geeky, but so cool!
22. Oh my Hannover! What a wonderful few days! Sophie Jones will never fail to make me laugh until I pass out!
23. More Bristol. Finally seeing the Clifton Suspension Bridge after a minor detour through the moors.
24. Another first, Canterbury! Actually swimming in the sea without being frozen, touring the cathedral, and spending time with Katherine and Neil.
25. Finally, the Boat Trip! A week of relaxing and having lots of fun. As always, I didn’t want to leave.
May the next 12 months have just as many happy memories.