My first exam this morning went well. I was only surprised by one question which was worth 5% so if you take that and my probable stupidity into account, I should have at least passed. I’m going to guess at 70% if only because that’s the margin for a first. I need 60% in all my exams to get a £1,000 award next year, so hopefully that’ll happen.
While we’re on the topic of results, I thought this would be a good time to share my progress so far:
- Labs: The bane of my existence might be my saving grace because I got one B and the rest were A’s and above. Obviously I don’t know how well I did in the final project, but I’m definitely on for a good grade regardless. Estimation: 80%
- EDPS: Essentially report writing and giving presentations. I got 100% in my presentation (worth 15% overall) and 88% for my report (another 15%). Estimation: 80%
- Programming: I loved programming this year. Last week I got my results for the programming assignments (worth 60% overall) and turns out I got 94%. I’m expecting good things from programming. Estimation: 85%
- Maths: I haven’t done my maths exam yet, that’s not until next Tuesday, but the exam is worth 45%. I reckon (through rigorous calculations) that I’m already on 40% (a pass!). So anything in the exam will add to my grade. Estimation: 70%
- Electronics 1: The exam I did this morning, worth 90%. Estimation: 70%
- Electronics 2: Thursday’s exam, worth 90%. Estimation: 80%
- Electronics 3: Tomorrow’s exam. Estimation: 40% (hoping for a pass, yes it’s that bad)
So that’s a 72% average. Maybe I should have been more pessimistic…
- Happiness: 7/10
- Workload: 10/10
- Last meal: Spag bol
- Thought for the day: I don’t do engineering for nothing!