Blogging every day is hard.
Today is going to be a short list of things I would like to write about at some point in April… I know, a complete cop-out, but I made the rules.
- I’ve been watching a 23-part documentary about the Cold War, mainly because after going to the Nagasaki Nuclear War Museum I realised that it’s a part of history I know very little about and it’s fascinating how recent WWII seems when you start to look at it. So I’d like to write a post about a few things I’ve noticed from watching the documentary, but I want it to be more structured and thought out that I think I’m capable of right now.
- I’ve recently started using a version control tool, Git. Once I’ve had a bit longer to play around with it, I’d like to share my experiences in setting it up and what it’s like to use on a daily basis.
- I’ve also recently got a new laptop, unfortunately it came with Windows 8. I’ve been a long time skeptic about Microsoft’s direction with this OS, but now I’ve got my grubby mitts on it I feel I can finally give an informed opinion.
- I have a hobby of developing websites for people, and I recently wrote a WordPress plugin for a website I manage for a local church. The plugin is essentially a calendar tool, and you can see it on the right hand side of the home page. I want to talk a bit about what it’s like to use WordPress, and hopefully, provide the code for other people to use.
- My “secret Guildford”, in a similar vein to Alexandra’s post over on her blog. Her “Dailies” are kind of the inspiration for this BEDA series, I recommended reading them if you get the chance.
- Some music and film suggestions.
Lots of ideas, but so hard to find the words…
Goodnight all, and happy Monday x