Right now there are thousands of final year students thinking about what to do when they Graduate: Do I live at home or find somewhere to live? Should I take a year out to travel and explore the world or start earning money as fast as I can? Should I do a PhD or work in McDonalds?
I think the answer is to look at the opportunities you have and see which ones you’ll regret not taking 10 years down the line when you’re working 9 to 5 every week. I’m probably going to be going back to Sony once I graduate since my placement year with them was the best year of my life, but there’s still that question of when to start work?
Originally I thought I’d start straight away, after all I loved working there and I’d already been travelling in terms of InterRailling last summer. But then I got an offer. America…
San Francisco, LA, Vegas and the Grand Canyon. In 20 days. I challenge anyone to say no to that.
For the backstory, basically Charlotte is going to Florida with her dad for a couple of weeks in July, since he has a villa there. I was invited to join them but, unfortunately, that is right about the time of my graduation ceremony and all that jazz, so I couldn’t go :( But then we had a thought. I could go after… And instead of staying in Florida we could go anywhere in America.
After much debate and deliberation, including the idea of going to New York and the east coast, we settled on another plan. California. And the journey was born :)
This week I bought my flights, 25th July to 14th August. From San Francisco to Las Vegas. Can you tell I’m excited?
I have so many ideas of things to do!
- See the Golden Gate Bridge
- Go to Alcatraz
- Drive down the West coast in a convertible
- See the Hollywood sign
- Drive Sunset Boulevard
- See the view from Mulholland Drive
- Walk the walk of fame
- Go to Six Flags Magic Mountain
- Walk down the Las Vegas strip
- Ride The Big Shot at the top of the Stratosphere Tower
- Visit the Hoover Dam
- Raft through the Grand Canyon
ok, so that’s quite a bit, but I’m very excited!!! This is going to be a trip of a lifetime…
- Happiness. 9 out of 10
- Tiredness. 0 out of 5
- Workload. 6 out of 10 (lots of Computer Vision things)
- Last Meal. Bacon sandwich
- Song of the day. Phantom Planet – California
- Thought for the day. Life after university is looking pretty good from where I’m standing.
- What I’m Doing Now. Getting far to excited about California, Nevada and Arizona :)