This is the first of what I hope to be many “special posts” where I can focus on particular thing I’m thinking about or something I want to share with you all.
One of my “new year’s resolutions” is to have a different thing for lunch each week. Last semester I just had “… on toast” every day. This was good for a while because it was cheap, quick, easy and tasty. But it wasn’t exactly variety:
- Monday: beans on toast
- Tuesday: spaghetti on toast
- Wednesday: jam on toast
- Thursday: beans on toast
- Friday: spaghetti on toast
- and so on…
So this year I thought it would be a good idea to try something different. Specifically, try something different every week.
So far I’ve tried a few things:
- Week 1: Sandwiches
- with cucumber, ham, coronation chicken, lettuce
- Week 2: Wraps
- with cucumber, ham, coronation chicken, lettuce, carrots
- Week 3: Pita Bread
- with cucumber, ham, tuna & sweetcorn, lettuce, carrots
OK, so not that much variety, but still in a different shape!
But, I need some ideas for the future. Here are some ideas I’ve had:
- Soups (this week)
- Omelettes (I’ve never made an omelette before!)
What do you think? Have you got any ideas?
- Happiness: 7/10
- Workload: 7/10
- Last meal: Cereal (that’s enough of the jokes now)
- Thought for the day: Being home is getting weirder every time